How many websites can i host on one server

Discussion in 'Vps Hosting' started by Isolde, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Isolde

Isolde New Member

i have many websites but with different providers , to save money i want to move all websites to one or two servers ..so how many websites can i host on one server

2. Gupta

Gupta Administrator Staff Member Admin Premium Member

You can host any number of websites on a vps server , you only need to check and increase space and ram as per your usage

I would recommend vps services like atlantic.net as you can scale your resources at any time

Hope that helps

3. FloXera-Jose

FloXera-Jose New Member

Hi Isolde.
    This all depends from different factors. What type of websites are we talking? Wordpress? Static HTML? Joomla? Ecommerce? How busy they are?
    Does your customers want/know that you are hosting them in one single server, together with other clients, making this server a shared environment with all the consequences that this situation might have?
    Does this server has SSD drives? How much RAM? CloudLinux for some type of isolation?
    Do you have any plan for backup of the backup of the backup (if you know what I mean...)
    Do you know how to manage properly a dedicated server?
    Are you aware of all the necessary licenses prices?
    Do you pretend to have all your websites in one single server knowing that if that servers goes down ALL your projects/clients will also be down/off?
    Have you ever being in a situation where you receive hundreds of support tickets in just a few minutes because ALL your websites/clients are down and all their services?

This are all questions you need to answer yourself before you decides to put all your eggs in just one basket!
    Good luck!

4. onliveserver

onliveserver New Member

It is depend on the customer requirement how many website should they want to host on one server but they need to check Space and Ram as per your needs.

I will suggest you to go with VPS Server from Onlive Server because they provide vps hosting at a very affordable price and their products are great.

5. priyankabhandari

priyankabhandari New Member

Basically, its depend on user demands. They can host multiple websites on a single server but they have specific RAM and Space to host many websites. . VPS is enough for host websites and its lie on a limited budget.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2018