How much RAM does my website need?

Discussion in 'Vps Hosting' started by Maelys, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Maelys

Maelys New Member

Hi

How much RAM does my website need , i have around 800 visitors per day and i am thinking to move and opt for a vps

please suggest

2. Gupta

Gupta Administrator Staff Member Admin Premium Member

Hi maelys

I would suggest to use atleast 4 gb for ram and use 4 gb swap memory

That should be enough

3. FloXera-Jose

FloXera-Jose New Member

800 visitors per day it's not that much...
    A good shared account with at least 1GB RAM should handle that well, AND, of course, if the servers are not crowded
    :)

4. priyankabhandari

priyankabhandari New Member

Hello,

I will suggest using Dedicated Server Hosting plans with at least 5GB RAM because it will handle smoothly your website and never chance to lose visitors. Cheap VPS Server is also a better option but Dedicated Server is more beneficial for increasing your visitors, hits and online business presence.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2018
  5. Adam Stokes

Adam Stokes New Member

RAM is the memory responsible for holding data of your running processes temporarily i.e. your site's scripts and their data while they execute .

Its depends upon the size of your website scripts and no of max scripts run at a time then it will decide how much ram they are going to consume. And it is very important factor that determines the speed of your website to your visitors. The more no of processes are running together, more RAM is consumed and at last it will give you and your visitors an '500 internal server error' frequently while browsing. So RAM solely depends the no of plugins(specially in WP) ,no and size of scripts etc.

Most small website run usually 512mb ram but if you figured out scope and size of your website then it will take no time to identify NEED of RAM.

I would recommend to go for 512 ram initially and if you need more, you can add resources later by requesting your host.(Plz check with your host weather he will allow you to increase your resource and what are charges for that).