Why server location for webhosting is important?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Isolde, Oct 26, 2017.

Why server location for webhosting is important?
  1. Isolde

Isolde New Member

i have multiple hosting accounts but all in usa , but i live in new zealand and my friends recommend me to choose server location near to me

is it that important ?

2. Gupta

Gupta Administrator Staff Member Admin Premium Member

Yes it is important but not mandatory , your users will see a good page loading time when the server is near by and a bit more time if its far

However its a difference in seconds , nothing much and more

3. FloXera-Jose

FloXera-Jose New Member

Let me give the following example: i had a portuguese website hosted in a DE hosting company. Whenever i use to do a search for that particular company, the google result was always the 6 or 7 in google search results, and in many cases the first results was about companies with similar names. After migrate that website to a portuguese hosting company, with a PT IP, that website is n.1 in google. I know this might be because of the fact google is now using a different DC, probably, however this is my own experience and i like to shared with you. I think the website now loads exactly with the same speed. But in many cases you should notice a fast website if you're using a closer DC to your audience.

4. onliveserver

onliveserver New Member

Hello,

It's Important thing, you have to purchase those server location whereas your business exit.
    Because due to it, your website traffic increased as well as improve google ranking.

5. Dasdim

Dasdim New Member

I'd draw your attention to services from hostingsource.com and oissite.com.
    THE BEST. Absolutely. You can't have more. Excellent customer service, excellent tech quality, excellent uptime. Maybe a bit expensive but, you know, quality has to be paid. A+++

6. baldwin jackson

baldwin jackson New Member

Well getting a server near your audience improve User Experience by providing better page loading speed which eventually help to improve online sales in long run. However, I am using cloud woocommerce hosting which consist of multiple machines working as one unit and major advantage of having a cloud hosting is that no matter from where my E commerce store is access it provides the best response time. All the best.

7. SapoeL

SapoeL New Member

It’s not a must to choose a server location that is closer to yours. You can use CloudFlare CDN, which caches your content across a global network, and brings it closer to visitors from every region. I’ve been using SSD web hosting with CDN for a few months and I’ve noticed that my site loads a lot faster than before.